To our unbelievable community of customers,
In these unprecedented times, we are doing everything in our power to keep business as usual. We have been able to reopen our offices and are taking the necessary precautions to protect our customers and our team. As you may know, we are a small family business so we do all of our own assembly, packing and shipping from our warehouse in San Diego. We ship nearly all orders within 2-3 business days (excluding prescription orders), and still try to fit in time with our daughters at home as we juggle our quarantine summer restrictions.
But we try and stay focused on the positive! The sun will keep shining. The birds will keep singing. Maybe that vacation has to wait a while. We won't be going to the ballpark any time soon. But as long as you, and more importantly your kids, are healthy, we have a lot to be thankful for! We know, we know... They can drive you crazy sometimes, and with homeschooling, working from home, and everything else in between, it can be overwhelming. But while we socially isolate, we are going to turn inward to connect with our little girls in a way that can be hard to do during the day-to-day grind.
Scott & Julia (Founders, Roshambo Baby)
Roshambo Shades Staff & Product Update (last updated 6/19/20):
1) Most of our staff is working remotely. Linda, our Customer Service star, will be answering your emails from home. Stacy, our Creative Director, is playing teacher to her little ones (check out her mom blog for creative project ideas!) while still designing our website, emails and Instagram posts that hopefully put a smile on your face. Our Warehouse Manager, Jen, is back in the office to make sure your sunglasses and prescription glasses are going out on time! And my wife, Julia, and I are trading off being at home with our daughters and keeping things running smoothly from the office.
2) We are thankful that as an essential business providing prescription eyewear to kids, we were able to stay open during the recent stay-at-home orders. Our current sunglasses shipping turnaround is around 2-3 days, and prescription glasses is 7-10 days after order placed. Returns and exchanges may be a bit delayed.
3) Yes, our unbreakable family sunglasses are made in Italy. NO, there is no possibility of contamination on our product coming from Italy. All of our stock has been in our warehouse since well before the outbreak. Plus, the virus only lives on surfaces for hours, not the weeks and months we have had our stock. All good!
4) Our direct prescription eyewear fulfillment will continue uninterrupted and just like usual. We have been working closely with our optometry lab to make sure they are still filling our customer orders, but doing so with safety as their top priority. Prescription glasses, especially quality, practical kids prescription glasses, are a necessity, and we understand that many parents are going to rely on us more now than ever before to deliver their prescription glasses directly to their door to avoid going to an office. Please note, all of our prescription frame try on sets are always thoroughly disinfected before shipment, and more thoroughly now than ever before. Plus, the CDC notes this virus does not live on surfaces for more than a few hours.
5) Our regular donations to the autism charity, Surfer's Healing, will continue during this time and we will also be donating to COVID-19 relief efforts until things get back to normal. We know there are many suffering during this time and we will do our best to help!
6) For our wholesale partners, the mom and pop retailers, toy stores, optometry offices, gift shops, and hotels that carry our shades, we are going to do everything we can to be flexible for you. We can extend credit terms or hold orders until you are safely in the clear and your doors are open again. We are in this together, and we are in it for the long run. If you need our assistance, just ask. If we can do it, it’s done.
7) We have some exciting new products launching this summer! New colors and sizes, as well as stocking up on Blue Light Blocking glasses in preparation for going back to school or homeschool in the fall. So make sure you sign up for our newsletter to be notified of in-stock alerts and our discounts and sales.